Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Does Your Call To Action Need Some Work?

Great thoughts from Zeke Camusio and his blog... http://www.TheOutsourcingCompany.com/blog

One of the most common mistakes I see when I review websites is weak calls to action. Actually, I spent the whole morning going through some of the calls to actions on our clients’ websites and I re-wrote them. Here is what I did for them:

Before / After
BEFORE - Sign up for my newsletter
AFTER -Get Killer Weight Loss Tips by Email

BEFORE - Add to Basket
AFTER - Rush My Order!

BEFORE - Subscribe to my blog
AFTER - Be the First One to Know!

BEFORE - Buy
AFTER - Get Instant Access to the Members Area!

BEFORE - Submit
AFTER - Send Me My Videos NOW!

BEFORE - Go
AFTER - Start My FREE Trial

BEFORE - Make a Reservation
AFTER - Claim My Seat NOW!

BEFORE - Call Us - xxx-xxx-xxxx
AFTER - Call Us Now for a FREE Consultation

BEFORE - Send
AFTER - Email Me My FREE Report Now!

Take aways:

* The word “Get” rocks!
* Get as specific as you can. Call to actions need to explain what people will get if they decide to take action. “Start My FREE Trial” is a great example of a specific call to action.
* Move away from standard and boring calls to action. Nobody wants to subscribe to anything. People hate subscribing (but they love being “the first one to know”).
* Some power words: free, get, instant, easy, fast, simple, now.
* The word “now” increases conversion rate by about 25% in average.
* The word “FREE”, when capitalized, converts 86% better than its small caps counterpart.
* Capitalizing the first letter of each word increases conversion rates by about 22% in average.

Just so you see that I practice what I preach, here’s my call to action: Please Tweet this Post (Your Followers Will Thank You).

This reminds me of one last thing: giving a reason WHY people should to do what you ask them to drastically increases conversion rates. Explain why they’ll benefit from taking action.

Please share this post on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Let me know if it works OK. Thank you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment